We are leaders in partnering with our community to strengthen our economy, facilitate healthy lifestyles, and maintain our cultural identity.
We promote the wellness of our people and communities through health care and social services, economic development, and education.
- Cultural Identity: Through the wisdom of our elders, promise of our youth, and commitment of our heritage, we remain true to our tribal identity and stewards of our culture.
- Determined Self-Sufficiency: We believe our independence and autonomy are the strength behind our resourcefulness.
- Excellence in Service: We provide quality service to our clients and customers in a responsible and supportive environment.
- Integrity: We practice reliability, honesty, and accountability in all that we say and do.
- Partnership and Collaboration: Through team work, cooperation, and sharing of resources, we accomplish more together.
- Respect for Self and Others: We place the highest value on the people in our organization and those we serve. We respect each person’s unique abilities and contributions.
- Visionary Leadership: We achieve excellence through innovation and flexibility, creativity, and insight.
Seldovia Village Tribe, IRA is a federally recognized Tribe under the provisions of the U.S. Federal Indian Reorganization Act of 1934. Seldovia Village Tribe (SVT) is a federally recognized government that serves everyone –both Native and non-Native– in communities from Seldovia to Homer.
These are currently 514 members of Seldovia Village Tribe.
SVT is governed by an elected Council of tribal members and all Tribal members over the age of eighteen have a vote. Like other tribes, we are a sovereign, self-governing entity that promotes the preservation of Tribal culture, tradition, and community economic development.
Seldovia Village Tribe Council
Crystal Collier, President
Lillian Elvsaas, Vice President
Trinket Gallien, Secretary
- 2017 Annual Report to the Communities of Kachemak Bay
- 2016 Annual Report to the Communities of Kachemak Bay
- 2014 Annual Report to the Communities of Kachemak Bay
- 2013 Annual Report to the Communities of Kachemak Bay
- 2012 Annual Report to the Communities of Kachemak Bay
- 2011 Annual Report to the Communities of Kachemak Bay
- 2010 Annual Report to the Communities of Kachemak Bay