Seldovia Village Tribe’s Prevention Program promotes healthy lifestyles for all ages in our community. Working with various agencies and volunteers from around Kachemak Bay, we offer:
- Physical & Outdoor Activity: Swimming lessons, open gym and swim times at the local pool, kayaking, science hiking programs, culture camps, sports camps, Fine Arts Camp (in partnership with the Seldovia Arts Council, the Seldovia Regional Service Area, and Susan B. English School), summer camping, bike rodeo, outdoor winter activities, and the Spring Carnival for basketball, volleyball, and ping pong.
- Health and Wellness Initiatives – Walk Your Way to Health Facebook support group, weekly Healthy Chatter Luncheons and/or DIYs, and the Annual Women’s Health Gathering
- Youth Programs: Ch’anik’na Children’s House, Soccer, Ukulele, Alaska Native Singing, Dancing, and Drumming, Basketball, NYO Games, Power Hour, Science Hikes, Science Afternoons
- Teen Nights: Teen Gym, Dances, Bonfires, Game Nights, Movie Nights, Lock-ins, mentorship, and more . . .
- Adult Education – Healthy Chatter, Parent Chatter, Cooking, Sewing, Crafting Classes
- Cultural Experiences – Culture Camp for ages 10-18 and Ch’anik’na Culture Camp for ages 2-10 in partnership with the Environmental Department; Alaska Native Singing, Dancing, and Drumming, NYO Games; and Alaska Native Arts and Crafts for Adults. In addition, our Incredible Edible program is wonderful for learning to gather and process various flora in the area for edible and medicinal purposes.
- Holiday Programs – New Year’s Eve Lock-in, Easter Egg Dyeing, Easter Egg Hunt, 4th of July Bike Decorating and Parade, Halloween Carnival, Santa’s Shop, Stockings for all the community’s children, Christmas Program/Performance
Events In The Community!
Here’s what we have going on right now. Click on an image to see an expanded version.